Trick Yourself With Chocolate Chip Cookies

healthy chocolate chip cookies

I can’t help myself. I really enjoy well made sweets and cookies.

The sneaky chef  promotes tricking your kids and husband by hiding healthy stuff in their favorite food.

Why only trick them? I’m perfectly happy to trick myself with the foods I like. Here is a recipe with healthy chocolate chip cookies with white beans. Not only does the recipe cut down on fat and flour it adds one if the best foods: beans.

Beans in cookies?

Yeah, I promise you won’t know the difference.

I make mini versions of these cookies,  inspired by one of  The sneaky chef’s recipes, stuff them in the freezer and take the out one at the time. Prefect treat for me or for the kids lunch boxes.

Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pureed white beans
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

> Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove butter from refrigerator to let soften.

> In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

> In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars until creamy. Beat in egg yolks, vanilla, and pureed white beans. Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed. Stir in chocolate chips.

> Make small cookies by dropping heaping teaspoonfuls, spaced about an inch apart, onto parchment- lined baking sheets.

> Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on a metal rack.

> Store cookies in airtight container at room temperature.

Image by http://www.flickr.com/photos/lara604/ / CC BY 2.0

Learn More About.. , , ,

Comments

10 Responses to “Trick Yourself With Chocolate Chip Cookies”

1. Foods to Increase Your Breast Size | YourNaturalWellness.com on January 5th, 2010 11:23 am

[...] the white beans with black-eyes peas or soybeans and munch on these Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies to increase your breast [...]

2. healthy quick recipes on January 9th, 2010 6:07 am

Nice step by step method. Thanks for sharing the cookies recipe and will try it .
    .-= healthy quick recipes´s last blog ..Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe =-.

3. Carolin on January 9th, 2010 1:04 pm

Do that, they are awsome!

4. Nancy on March 17th, 2010 10:45 pm

This is a first for me, beans in cookies! I do think I will try them though since they are lower in sugar than most recipes. Great for my diabetic spouse. Thanks for sharing.

5. Carolin on March 18th, 2010 10:07 am

They taste great Nancy.
    I made chocolate cookies with spinach the other day too. It might sound crazy but they were yummy.

If you’re looking for low sugar treats, try chocolate chip banana muffins. If you use really ripe (over ripe) banana’s you can you don’t need any sugar at all.

6. Brad from Pest control Alberta on April 12th, 2010 4:50 am

Chocolate chip cookies are always liked by everyone. Making it more healthy is a nice way to mix health benefits with taste. Tasty and healthy chocolate chips cookies with milk make a great evening snack. Thanks for sharing this yummy treat.

7. Carolin on April 13th, 2010 3:14 pm

You’re welcome.

8. Chuck Edwards from Weight Loss Tips on April 25th, 2010 1:19 am

Chocolate chip cookies with white beans?!? How sneaky can a recipe get! What a great idea. I have got to try this out as soon as possible because I love chocolate chip cookies but am also a proponent of eating healthy foods.
    .-= Chuck Edwards@Weight Loss Tips´s last blog ..Acupuncture For Weight Loss =-.

9. Angelo from airline credit card on May 23rd, 2010 5:43 am

I really love chocolate chip cookies! I crave for it because it is really delicious. I would certainly try this recipe and have my friends taste it. Anyways it is really one of my favorites :)

10. oh crap, another bake sale | crunchtime on April 14th, 2011 12:25 pm

[...] Stewart. Carol from Your Natural Wellness did something brilliant – white beans in the chocolate chips cookies (can you say fiber?).  I love these beautiful cinnamon raisin muffins from Susan at Our Family [...]