Skin Moisturizing Tips For Winter
The harsh cold weather during winter can really damage your skin. If you don’t take good care of your skin, you will likely have chapped and very dry skin.
But this can be avoided if you make sure that your skin is sufficiently moisturized.
Follow these top winter skin care tips to keep your skin smooth and healthy this winter
Here are some moisturizing tips from Life Style Lounge to keep your skin soft, supple and flawless during the winter months.
- The first and foremost thing, which you have to keep in mind, is that you need to take a well balanced diet and drink enough water. With all the festivals and holidays, our diet goes out of window and we tend to binge on oily and junk foods. Since in winter we don’t feel much thirsty, we tend not to drink the usual eight glasses of water. Remember to drink enough water to keep you hydrated.
- Apply a high quality moisturizer with vitamin E on your skin just after you have taken the bath. It helps in locking the moisture in your body for a longer time.
- If you cannot avoid going out in winter, wrap yourself with a long sleeved sweater and coats to combat harsh, cold wind of winters.
- Follow the regime of cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing even during winters. It will help you keep your skin healthy. In winters, dead cells generally accumulate on the skin, and by following this regime, you can keep your skin healthy.
- Wear sunscreen during the winters too as harmful sunrays may make the skin rough and dry. Preferably though, you would rather eat healthy foods that will boost your skin’s natural sun protection.
- You could also keep your home’s environment warm by running a humidifier inside the house.
- Before you take a bath, you could also apply oil preferably mustard, coconut, or olive oil on your skin. Warm a little amount of oil and generously apply it on your skin and massage it on the all the body parts. Now take bath how you normally do. It will not only keep your skin moisturized but will also keep the moisture intact for whole day.
- Don’t take very hot shower and instead go for shower with warm water. You could also opt for bathing during nighttime as you will be in the warm environment only and your skin will not have to combat cold wind.
- Never use soaps especially during winter. Use a moisturizing bathing lotion, which contains glycerin or olive oil.
- Protect your lips with a good lip balm. You could also apply a little mustard oil in your navel at the time of sleeping to keep it moist and from getting chapped.
- Some people suggest taking vitamin E supplements to keep the skin from drying. Taking omega-3 fish oils pills also help in combating dry skin.
- You could also use Shea butter or Cocoa butter to keep your skin hydrated and moisturized.
- You could also apply a mixture of almond oil and honey on your skin to keep it moisturized. Add few drops of honey in almond oil in 1/3 to 1 ratio and apply it on the skin. Rinse it if it feels too sticky otherwise keep in on your skin.
So there you go! If you follow these simple tips, you can surely maintain the warm and radiant glow of your skin despite the cold weather.
Image by kygp.
Learn More About.. winter skin care, honey, moisturizer, winter health tips, sun protection, Skin Care