Garlic Mushroom With Toast Recipe
Mushrooms are a healthy addition to our diet this season. That’s why I am sharing a quick and healthy mushroom recipe today.
But before we jump into cooking, here are a few nutrition facts that you should know about mushrooms. First, they have high selenium content, higher than other items in the produce category. With a significant amount of selenium-rich mushrooms added to your diet, you will have better chances of fighting off cancer. Mushrooms are also good sources of essential B-vitamins such as niacin, riboflavin and pantothenic acid. They also contain potassium, which is responsible for regulating blood pressure, keeping the right balance of water in fat and muscle tissues and making sure that cells are functioning properly. If you’re on a weight loss diet, fresh mushrooms make a good fitness food. 5 medium mushrooms contain only 20 calories, 3 grams of carb and absolutely fat free!
True to my word, here is the recipe that I’ve promised to share. This garlic mushroom with toast by Gordon Hamilton makes a perfect appetizer and it takes only a few minutes to prepare.
Ingredients (per person):
- 5 small, close cup mushrooms (halved)
- 2 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of dried sage
- 1 slice of lightly buttered toast
- 1 tomato (for garnishing)
- Put the olive oil in a small saucepan and gently bring up to a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sage and heat gently for about thirty seconds, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Put the bread on to toast and add the mushrooms to the saucepan.
- Continue to stir until the toast is ready and serve immediately.
Image by Toni Girl.
Learn More About.. mushroom recipe, Healthy Recipes