Friendly Reminder: Do Not Skip Breakfast
Sure, there are a lot of reasons to skip your breakfast meal. But how are you supposed to keep up with all the activities you have to go through in a day when you lack the energy? That’s exactly why you should have breakfast everyday! It will boost your energy and brain power, improve your mood and prevent you from overeating later in the day. Even fitness programs and weight loss diets require this one important meal.
Mr. Breakfast tells us all the facts why we need to eat breakfast.
- Children who eat breakfast perform better on standardized achievement tests and have fewer behavior problems in school.
- Eating breakfast has an advantageous effect on late-morning mood, satiety and cognitive performance.
- Eating breakfast keeps you thin.
- Breakfast is delicious.
- Pick 2-3 foods, including at least one from each of the following food groups:
-bread and grain (i.e.cereal, toast, muffin)
-milk and milk product (i.e. low-fat yogurt, low-fat milk)
-fruit or vegetable group (i.e bananas, apples, carrots)
- Pick up portable breakfast items when at the grocery store. You should buy foods like fruit, low-fat yogurt, whole grain breakfast bars, or granola bars for those mornings when you have to eat breakfast on the go.
- Replace or accompany that morning cup of coffee with a glass of orange juice or milk.
- Make an omelette! You can shorten preparation time by chopping up your vegetables ahead of time.
- Get up 15 minutes earlier. You can fix and consume a healthy breakfast in 15 minutes or less.
- Plan ahead to eat breakfast. This means you should decide what you are going to eat for breakfast before the next morning. You can save time by putting out the box of cereal or cutting up some fruit the night before.
You can also try this raw breakfast recipe that really makes my day.
Just as I’ve mentioned earlier, eating breakfast is recommended by fitness programs and weight control diets. Here’s an article from WebMD that explains why eating breakfast helps in losing weight.
Studies show making breakfast a daily habit can help you lose weight – and keep it off.
A group of researchers analyzed data from a government-funded study that followed more than 2,000 young girls from ages 9 to 19. They found that regular cereal eaters had fewer weight problems than infrequent cereal eaters. Those who ate cereal occasionally had a 13% higher risk of being overweight compared to the regular cereal eaters.
Another research group analyzed government data on 4,200 adults. They found that regular breakfast eaters were more likely to exercise regularly. And women who ate breakfast regularly tended to eat fewer calories overall during the day. Those men and women who ate breakfast cereal had lower overall fat intake — compared to those who ate other breakfast foods.
Image by Joi.
Learn More About.. Weight Loss, breakfast recipes, healthy breakfast