How To Have A Healthy BBQ
Everybody enjoys summer barbecues. Trouble is, grilled meals are loaded with fat and calories. But that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the pleasure of grilling and eating with your family and friends. You still can and at the same time, stay fit and healthy!
Here are several summer barbecue survival tips from Zone Delivery USA to help you get through summer barbecue season and still maintain a healthy eating lifestyle.
You can also read these 6 easy ideas to make your barbecue much healthier. While you plan for your barbecue gathering, it is important to remember a few things to ensure that it does not ruin your healthy diet.
- Avoid using barbecue sauces with high sugar and calorie content. Instead, marinate your meat in soy sauce and your selection of herbs and spices.
- Create your own pasta or potato salad. Be especially choosy when picking up ingredients for your salad.
- Make your own desserts with fruits. They are lighter, cooler and healthier.
- Watch what you drink. Do not drink soda, it is full of sugar and the diet versions are full of chemicals. It is also good to avoid drinking alcohol but if you do, choose a light beer. A fruit punch or a fruit shake would be a good alternative.
- Consider making home-made sweet potato french fries.
- Watch how much you eat. Don’t get carried away with the set of delicious dishes on the table.
Image by thebittenword.com.
Learn More About.. bbq, Healthy Recipes, Eating Healthy, summer health