Healthy Recipe:Rye Bread With Cumin
I love this rye cumin bread. The cumin scent fills your kitchen as you bake it.
Last time I baked it I had run out of rye flour so I used whole wheat flour instead. Whole wheat worked really well too.
This recipe is easy. I definitely recommend that you try it even if you are not used to bread baking.
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 cups lukewarm milk
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoons whole cumin seed
- 4 cups rye flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
1. In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm (110 degree F) water. Let sit until creamy, about 10 minutes.
2. Combine the yeast mixture with the milk salt and cumin in a large mixing bowl. Briefly stir.
3. Stir in the rye flour. Mix the bread flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough comes together. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and supple. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 40 min.
4. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into two equal pieces. Form each piece into a round loaf and place in on a greased cookie sheet. With a sharp knife cut slits in a square pattern. Cover with a cloth and let rise about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 390 degrees F (200 degrees C).
5. Bake at 390 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 45 minutes, or until the bottoms sound hollow when tapped.
Once you start baking your own bread it is hard to go back. A home made rye bread like this one taste much better and will keep you full for a long time.
Learn More About.. Healthy Recipes, swedish rye bread recipe, how to make rye bread, bread recipe, rye bread