How To Fall Asleep Easily
Despite what some people say most of us need 7,5 to 8 hours sleep a night.
If you don’t sleep enough you will build up a sleep debt. A night every now and then is fine. You just sleep a little longer one of the following days and you’ve “paid back” your debt.
But if you sleep less than you need on a regular basis you will get sleep deprived.
A study during the 80:ties show that poor sleepers (who slept 5-7 hours a night):
- had fewer promotions during their careers.
- were more likely to be hospitalized.
- stayed on lower pay grades.
- had a higher attrition rate.
But for many it is had to fall asleep at night. What use is it to go to bed on time it you are not able to sleep?
Not being able to fall asleep can be very frustrating and it can potentially turn into a serious problem. So before that happens have a look a your evening routines and read this list.
14 Tips To Help You Fall Asleep:
1. Get up at the same time every morning. I love sleeping in on weekends but its not a good thing to do it you have trouble falling asleep at night. It is important to keep a regular sleep schedule.
2. Reserve the bedroom for intimacy and sleep. Don’t watch TV, eat, talk on the phone etc.
3. Don’t lie awake in bed for too long. There is no use lying in bed tossing and turning. Instead get up. Do a quite activity like reading and drink some relaxing herbal tea or eat some food that will help you fall asleep.
4. Make sure your bedroom is quiet. Noise makes it very hard to fall asleep. Limit it as much as you can. If needed, use earplugs.
5. Keep your bedroom dark. Use good curtains to block out light. Darker bedroom = better sleep.
6. Love your bed. Your bed should be comfortable and cozy.
7. Keep your bedroom cool and well ventilated.
8. Limit caffeine. It think everyone knows that caffeine makes you more alert.
9. Limit alcohol. A night cap is not at all a good idea. You might feel more relaxed with some alcohol but it disturbs your sleep.
10. Stop smoking. Nicotine is a nervous system stimulant. It speeds up your heart, brain and blood pressure.
11. Avoid naps. If you have trouble falling asleep at night avoid napping in the afternoon.
12. Keep your bedroom clean. A nice uncluttered bedroom will make it a much easier to relax.
13. Exercise on a regular basis.
14. Eat healthy food.
Image by quinn.anya.
Learn More About.. how to fall asleep, insomnia, sleep