How To Use Chia Seeds
Nutrition experts are amazed by this “new” super seed.
2 tablespoons of Chia contains:
- As much calcium as several glasses of milk.
- More omega3 than a salmon file.
- 30% more antioxidants than blueberries.
And on top of this it has fantastic benefits that help you lose weight.
Chia seeds can be used whole, crushed, sprouted or as gel.
Whole or crushed seeds can be sprinkled over cereal, salad or added to pots, baked goods or juices.
Crushed seeds will give you the most omega3 and they have a nutty flavor.
Chia gel gives your food texture and a nutritional boost. It contains no gluten, it has no taste and it has very few calories. You can make your favorite smoothie with 50-70% chia gel or add it any creamy of liquid food such as pudding, jelly, salad dressing and so on.
You can use the whole seeds as a thickening agent when you’re cooking. Start with 1-2 tablespoons and stir thoroughly. Then turn down the heat and wait for a couple of minutes to the chia to take effect.
How to make Chia gel:
- Use 1 part seeds and 9 parts water.
- Put the water in a clean container and slowly stir in the seeds.
- Wait 5 min then stir again.
- Wait 10 min then stir for the last time.
The gel lasts up to 14 days in the fridge.
Add Chia to your diet at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Sprinkle the seeds over your cereal or salad.
- Crush them and add them when you bake.
- Add a tablespoon to your juice or water and stir.
- Use them to thicken your sauces and soups.
- Make gel and use it in dressings.
- Super charge you jelly by mixing it 50/50 with chia gel.
It’s fantastic food that makes you healthy and thin.
Here is a woman who is using chia to thicken her vegan gravy.
Image by sweetbeetandgreenbean.
Learn More About.. chia, chia recipe, chia seeds, chia gel