All the Great Reasons to Laugh Out Loud
In the 1930:ties the French laughed for over 19 minutes a day.
Today they laugh for less than 1 minute.
Why did we stop laughing?
Why do we feel that we have to be so serious?
Sometimes we put on a role. “A lawyer has to be serious.”
But image what an impression a funny lawyer would have.
I think this is also about not stopping and noticing the little things in life? We are just too busy. And maybe we take ourselves too seriously.
There are tons of reasons to laugh:
Laughing increases the level of hormones that makes us healthier like endorphins, and neurotransmitters.
Laughing relaxes the body and reduces problems associated with high blood pressure, strokes, arthritis, and ulcers
Laughter strengthens our immune system and activates the will to live.
Laughter may even fight heart disease. A study found that people with heart disease were 40 % less likely to laugh in a variety of situations compared to people of the same age without heart disease.
Laughing will let people notice you.
Laughing is very contagious and helps you connect with other people. Try this:
A joke will get your point across more easily.
Wrinkles of laughter are much nicer than those of a hard-set face.
Laughter exercises you face muscles – less wrinkles.
Laughter is great exercise for your abs, back and even your shoulders.
Laughing also exercises heart and respiration.
Laughing is an effective way to reduce stress. It reduces the level of stress hormones like cortisol, adrenaline, dopamine and growth hormone.
A laugh or even a smile brings the focus away from negative emotions like anger and guilt.
A laugh help us to “forget” about physical pains.
You simply become more positive and feel better!
Did you know that:
“Laughing 100 times is the equivalent to 10 minutes on the rowing machine or 15 minutes on an exercise bike!”
Here are some ideas on How to start laughing:
- Smile. If you’re smiling you’re already half way there. It’s much easier to burst out in a laugh if you’re already smiling.
- Read funny books
- Watch funny movies and shows. AFV always makes me laugh out loud. So simple and so funny.
- Visit funny sites on the web. Search for “funny”, “comedy” or “jokes” and you’ll find endless list of great sites that can make you laugh.
- Make others laugh and you will laugh too.
- Collect jokes. Keep a small note book with jokes you like. Tell them to your friends and write down the new once that make you laugh.
- Take yourself too seriously. Take a step back and try to find the humor when you find yourself in a difficult situation.
Try Laughter Yoga
I hope this post made you smile!
Image courtesy of Premasagar The Doctr Yogi Cindy47452 Leepak Pasma
Learn More About.. laugh, health benefits of laughter, health benefits, stress relief