Weak Abs: Women’s Ageing Pitfall

From age 20 to 60 you lose 20% of your muscles mass…if you don’t fight it.
Weak muscles makes us age faster. Back and stomach muscles forms a corset around our bodies. Without them we get back ache and will sink into a bad posture.

This is a high risk zone for women. Pregnancies and our wide pelvis makes is more important for women to watch our abs and back muscles. On top of this many of us get heavier around the hips as we age, making lower abs even more vital.

The good news is that with just 3 months training you can lower your physical age with 10 years!

I’m 36. I’ve never had 6-pack abs and I never will. But that does not make it less important for me strengthen my abs. On the contrary with a history of back ache, 3 pregnancies and a long hours in front of my laptop I should be more concerned about my abs than the average 20-year old who wants to look good in a bikini.

By strengthening your abs you:

1. Lower your physical age
  2. Remove back ache
  3. Get better posture
  4. Create beautiful waistline
  5. Burn dangerous fat around your intestines

My solution

I started getting back ache at in my 20-tees. I went to see several doctors and all they every did was give me painkillers. I asked what I could to to make the pain go away permanently and every time I got the answer: “There is nothing you can do, you’re fine, take some pain killers and move on.”

I don’t want pain killers!

I want to find out why I have back ache so that I can do something about it.

Finally I had a series of back massages where I got to hear that my back muscles where really tense. I needed to stretch them out and strengthen them.
Yoga became my rescue. It gave me both the exercise I needed and a powerful piece of mind.

Lately I’ve been trying out more focused strength training. And I’m really impressed by the results you see and feel in very short time. Workouts are going more and more towards fast and efficient today. You don’t need to do 100 boring crunches. By combining effective exercises which strengthens your whole core you get:

1. Fast results
  2. In less time
  3. With a minimum of equipment

You don’t need expensive equipment.

You can see results in just a couple of weeks.

Other ways

Even if physical exercise is one of the mayor keys to healthy stomach and back muscles there are other factors that can make a difference. For example:

• Stress
  • Eating habits

You can support the process by eating foods that remove that stomach fat. Snacks for a Flat Belly.

For Non-responders

Did you know that 50% of all women are so called non-responders? Which means that exercise is not enough to lose weight. For all non-responders and every one who knows that they could improve their diet, the best programs cover both parts diet and exercise.

You can use full body workouts 3-4 times a week to exercise your stomach.

Or maybe 15 min day fits better in to your schedule.

If an exercise plan does not fit in your schedule it’s a total waste of money. But you will NEVER be able to strengthen your back and stomach muscles without making an effort.

It’s never too late

It doesn’t matter how old you are and what you look like to benefit from stronger muscles holding up you body. On the contrary, the more unfit and the older you are, the faster you will feel results.

You can start right now by correcting your posture and tightening your inner abs as you are reading this article.

The best if it all

By increasing your muscles mass you become younger and healthier. You will  naturally lower your blood pressure, your bad cholesterol, and your risk of type-2 diabetes and osteoporosis.

Learn More About.. , , ,

Comments

16 Responses to “Weak Abs: Women’s Ageing Pitfall”

1. jansen on November 24th, 2008 2:14 pm

The ab muscles play a crucial link between your lower limbs and core. You can strengthen your abs very easily by doing stability ball ab exercises

2. Lisa on May 13th, 2009 10:52 am

I used to wonder why I have this back pains. I think ab muscle problems are very common to women.

3. Carolin on May 14th, 2009 10:13 am

Hi Lisa,
    I have the same problem. Exercise really helps. I only need maybe 10 min of abs training or yoga for it to go away.
    Thanks for visiting my site.
    /Carolin

4. Samantha from Natural Muscles on May 19th, 2009 3:41 pm

I agree. Abs are incredibly underrated and should be a top priority in any training, specially for the mature and senior citizen.

Samanthas last blog post..How to get six pack abs the easy way

5. Toni from Natural Breast Enhancement on November 10th, 2009 9:50 pm

Great information! I had back problems for years, and sit in front of a computer all day. A couple of years ago, I did light weight training along with pilates, and the back problems are gone. Thanks for sharing.
    .-= Toni@Natural Breast Enhancement´s last blog ..Best Breast Enhancement Pills – Breast Actives or Breast Success? =-.

6. Office massage on November 23rd, 2009 4:07 pm

I’ve had the same problem. I stopped the gym 5 months ago and i started having a bad back. I now do some exercises on the floor of my home everyday. It’s oaky but i find it does not replace the gym. I find that massage and reflexology has helped me however.

7. reflexology on December 12th, 2009 7:55 pm

i use a tennis ball every day to exercise my back and i so sit ups as well. An every day routine can help. It’s probably more fun to do it with friends but i am happy exercising at home.

8. Sinus Relief on January 15th, 2010 5:05 am

Back pain is my dilemma for 3 years now. Sitting all day in front of the computer is the reason I think why I got this thing. Thank you for the tips!

9. jim from women's workout on February 1st, 2010 12:09 am

This is really good to read and i had a back problem and used to sit in front of computer all day.

10. Todd from Abdominal Pain Causes on March 16th, 2010 1:27 pm

Just had to say great post! Enjoyed reading it. I don’t comment much, but just had to say, “It’s great that you are getting this information out to the public eye”. Very informative. I would have to agree that “Weak muscles make us age faster”. Keep up the good work! Thanks for the insight and will check back…
    .-= Todd@Abdominal Pain Causes´s last blog ..abdominal pain hsp =-.

11. Lilian from 2 Line Cordless Phone on July 23rd, 2010 10:08 pm

To tell you the truth,I often get lower back pain but I though this is just caused by sterss from work. I really cannot think that toning the abs can really fix that pains. How does that work if I don’t want to develop packs of abs?

12. Carolin on July 24th, 2010 9:50 pm

Lilian, I had the same problem for years. Finally, I realized that my muscles were to tense and to weak. I started stretching my back, mainly with yoga, and then I started strengthen both my abs and my back muscels. Strong abs really helps your back the heavy burden of keeping your body upright. Don’t worry about the 6-pack, just strengthening is usally not enough.
    If you’re sitting down a lot a work just exercising regularly can really make a difference for your back pain.
    Good luck!
    /Carolin

13. Dette from massage therapy in coeur d'alene on July 28th, 2010 6:28 pm

I always experiece back pain and lower back pain especially my work requires me to work infront of the computer for more that 7 hours a day. And it gets worst when my menstruation period is on the way. I have to put some pillow under my lower back so I could really sleep without noticing my lower back pain.

14. Aileen from nail salon on August 17th, 2010 7:34 am

I am experiencing back pain too every night after the whole day work. My husband would adjust his position just to make me feel comfortable when sleeping so I can bend my back.

15. coeur d'alene chiropractic care on September 2nd, 2010 7:48 am

I think abs is the most difficult muscle to develop, and to also see the results. You have to have less body fat in order to see the bumps.

16. mia from beauty salon spa bromsgrove on November 17th, 2010 9:11 am

I have heard that yoga or pilates works very well for strengthening the muscles and the torso. You can get a mixture of the two now and do yogalates, which helps to tone and strengthen and I think doing this a few times a week will help to get stronger muscles.