Winter is Coming, Stock Up on Honey
A research team in Denmark is currently investigating the use of honey instead of antibiotics.
Hippocrates used honey to heal wounds. While we seam to have forgotten its powers honey is still used today in development countries to heal burns and diarrhea.
A pot of honey is a great resource in the kitchen cabinet. Especially during the cold winter months.
Here are some great alternative uses of honey.
1. Cold and fever
- Why: Honey is antibacterial and will help your body recover.
- How To Use: Add to tea after it has cooled off a bit or mix a teaspoon of honey with minced garlic to add an antiviral affect.
2. Coughing and sore throat
- Why: Honey has both a pain killing and antibacterial effect on your throat.
- How To Use: A tea spoon before bedtime. If you need extra energy and antiviral properties mix honey in freshly squeezed lemon juice and drink this before bed time.
3. Dry lips
- Why: The acids in honey soothes and hydrates.
- How To Use: Apply honey to your lips before bedtime.
4. Weight gain
- Why: Honey is a more efficient sweetener than sugar. It contains several healthy vitamins, minerals and enzymes. With a low glycemic index it does not cause a sugar rush.
- How To Use: Replace sugar with honey whenever possible with 75 g honey for every 100 g sugar.
- Why: Honey cleans the wound and keeps away bacteria.
- How To Use: Apply some honey and acne will heal faster and cause less scaring.
If stored in a cool, dark place honey can keep fresh for over a hundred years.
Learn More About.. honey, low glycemic index, acne, cold, natural remedy, alternative medicin