Chia Seed: Dieters Dream and the Best Source of Omega3
On top of helping you lose weight chia seeds is also a great source of omega3. You probably thought that linseed or flax seeds were the best source of omega3 in the vegetable kingdom. With approximately 63% omega3 fatty acid the tiny Mexican Chia seed is taking over the throne.
At first glance the Chia seed looks very much like a flax seed but if you look at the nutritive content the Chia seed stands out. Chia seeds typically contain 20% protein, 34% oil, 25% dietary fiber and they are gluten free.
Chia seed helps you lose weight since it:
- Curbs your cravings and keep you feeling satisfied longer as it slows the conversion of carbohydrates into sugar.
- Absorbs a lot of water and contain proteins and fibers all these properties give you a fuller feeling without adding calories.
- Gives you a lot of nutrition and very few calories.
- Increases your energy and makes it easier for you both to stick to your diet and to exercise.
Health benefits of Chia are:
- Chia contains five times the calcium of milk.
- Chia is a great source of trace minerals, for example boron that helps transfer calcium into your bones.
- Chia seeds contain antioxidants.
- Chia seeds are a good course of omeag3 fatty acid.
- Chia seeds help digestive problems.
- Chia controls your blood sugar and insulin levels.
- Chia keeps you hydrated.
- Chia seeds are known as energy and endurance enhancers.
Chia Seeds – Nutritional Supplement
Image by nosha
Learn More About.. chia seeds, diet, omega3, chia, chia gel, raw food, super food, cravings