The SINGLE most Important Thing for a Healthy Life

“Death begins in the colon.”

This is what the Russian bacteriologist Ilya Mechnikov stated just over a century ago.

He observed men and women in ages above 100. They all had one this in common:

They lived highly active healthy lives!

His research made the direct link between longevity and a healthy balance of good bacteria in the body.

Bacteria that he named:

The optimal balance of intestinal bacteria is 85% good, probiotic bacteria and 15% bad.

Maintaining this balance is the single most important thing we can do to ensure optimum health, longevity and a good immune system.

So a good balance is great is definitely something to aim for. But what if the balance is disrupted?
Are you in the risk zone of imbalance?

Here are a couple of questions that will help you determine if you are:

• Have you taken antibiotics?
  • Do you use birth control pills?
  • Do you drink water containing fluoride and chlorine?
  • Do you use fluoridated toothpaste?
  • Do you supplement with man-made vitamins?
  • Does the food you eat contain preservatives and additives?
  • Have your food been exposed to pesticides and fertilizers?
  • Do you drink coffee/tea or carbonated drinks?
  • Are you stressed?

When I read this I can’t help thinking “Who is NOT in the risk zone?”.

So maybe it is better to turn it around and look at the warning signs of bacterial imbalance.

• Food and skin allergies, especially in children.
  • Bad breath, gum disease and dental problems
  • Sugar cravings and difficulty losing weight
  • Acne and eczema
  • Joint inflammation
  • Fatigue and poor concentration
  • Frequent constipation, diarrhea acid reflux and other digestion problems
  • Frequent colds and flues.
  • Asthma
  • Sleeping problems
  • Yeast infections and candida
  • or irritable colon

Uptil now most probiotic research has been done on people with healthy problems. But it was recently found that probiotics have an anti-inflammatory potential even in healthy adults.

Probiotics are important for each and every one of us. And especially those of us who suffer from any of the health issues above.

Probiotics are found in:

• Fermented foods, such as sauerkraut and many pickles
  • Special yogurt, such as kefir
  • In small amounts in foods such as: goat’s milk, honey and artichokes.
  • In functional foods. There are many functional foods on the market containing probiotics. One problem is that many of them are that they are loaded with sugar.
  • In super foods. There are great probiotics super foods on the market. Make sure to use one that is of high quality and certified organic.

There are discussions and definitions regarding probiotics and prebiotics. But let’s not make it more complicated than necessary.
Over 100 years ago Ilya Mechnikov named the friendly bacteria in our intestines probiotics. Let’s stick with that for now.

Learn More About.. , , , ,

Comments

10 Responses to “The SINGLE most Important Thing for a Healthy Life”

1. Jeff on August 17th, 2008 12:47 pm

Probiotics are so important to our health. When ever I feel something coming on, I take extra probiotics and the cold never develops.

2. Healthy Foods on March 26th, 2009 9:57 am

Yes I agree, the most important thing if we always consume healthy foods, and we can do to ensure optimum health, longevity and a good immune system, so doesn’t matter with probiotics

Healthy Foodss last blog post..Soy Protein Benefits

3. reflux man on April 5th, 2009 11:06 pm

thanks for nice video…..I think very good supplement for keeping our healthy

reflux mans last blog post..Gestational Diabetes – Symptoms And Treatment

4. Stephanie from probiotics on September 23rd, 2009 9:46 am

Health is wealth, they say. Unfortunately, people only realize that when they are old enough to enjoy most of their lives. Thanks to people like you and those advocates for better health and better living. Many people now realize the importance of prioritizing their health first than work, unhealthy leisure, and unhealthy lifestyle. Realizing that is the first step to a better lifestyle. Although not everyone can have a healthy lifestyle right away, at least, most people can start it by making sure that there is a balance of good bacteria inside their body. After that, they can deliberately take away their bad habits and take in good habits for a better life.
    .-= Stephanie @ probiotics´s last blog ..Probiotic Pills =-.

5. Rainer from best probiotic supplement on September 28th, 2009 8:10 pm

Yes, death begins in the colon. We must protect our digestive system and we must have a healthy, and sturdy immune system.

Enough sunlight, water, and exercise, as we all know, really do helps. Also avoid oily and fatty foods. More vegetables and fruits. If a person do these things in his regimen, he will be healthy but with the addition of probiotics, a persons health will bu up a notch.

There are many testimonials about probiotics, one must just search the net and go to websites and forums, or even talk to people who firsthand encountered the miracle and health benefits of probiotics.

My life is one big testament to it.
    .-= Rainer @ best probiotic supplement´s last blog ..Probiotic Pills =-.

6. Dianne from probiotics and healthy lifestyle on September 30th, 2009 3:39 am

People already know that we must keep our bodies healthy, but because people are conditioned to eat oily and fatty foods which they consider delicious, it is hard for them to give up eating processed foods that makes their bodies weaker because of all the accumulated toxics in their bodies.

I am glad that many health products are out in the market today, and many people are engaging themselves in advocating a healthy lifestyle. Hope that this movement be maintained in this age where most people are slaves of their tongue and other senses.

Probiotics are very important, I know many of us have read this a thousand times before, I hope that people become diligent and act on their health before its too late.

7. Gideon from probiotics health on October 2nd, 2009 6:12 am

Thanks for the video. It is important for us to take probiotics everyday.

My classmates at school are calling me Mr. Health Conscious because I don’t smoke and drink, and I am trying to become a vegetarian. When they are calling me Mr. H or Mr. Health, I take that as a compliment. I return a smile to then, a smile that I wanted to provoke them to be a health conscious individual like me.

I have seen many people who are suffering from different kinds of diseases and I don’t want to be like them. I know I can’t avoid it, but I need to make a change at an early age. A change in diet, and in lifestyle that my parents and my siblings could be proud about.
    .-= Gideon @ probiotics health´s last blog ..11 of the Best Natural Hives Remedies =-.

8. Carolin on October 2nd, 2009 10:18 am

Good for you Mr. Health. Keep it up!

9. organic cotton t-shirt on October 23rd, 2009 8:21 pm

Really wonderful piece of information and I appreciate it that you share something so useful with the readers of this blog.

Healthy life is first priority for all, these is awesome video.

10. Carolin on October 27th, 2009 9:56 pm