Snacks for a Flat Belly

The time for a 100 crunches a day is finally over!

A Spanish research team has found that certain types of food actually removes .

It removes not only the visual fat that we see on our stomachs but also the dangerous fat around our intestines.

Surprisingly, the food is: Fat

Monounsaturated fats

Who would have thought that fat would hold the key to a ? From now on don’t worry about low fat anymore go for right fat instead.

Food that are high in monounsaturated fats are called MUFA-foods.

The is great news since MUFA- foods are great snacks. Always keep a bag of raw nuts in your purse, your car and your office drawer. Munch on marinated olives in front of the TV. Eat avocados and guacamole as often as you can.

Here are ideas for 7 days of flat tummy snacks. Eat them during the day or in the evening, maybe in front of the TV.
Snacking is healthy! Just watch what you snack on.

7 days of Healthy Snacks:

• Monday: ½ cup of peanuts and 1 apple
  • Tuesday: Rye bread and mashed avocado (mash the avocado with a fork and spread on your sandwich)
  • Wednesday: Herring on whole wheat toast topped with halved cherry tomatoes
  • Thursday: 1/2 cup of pistachio nuts and 1 banana
  • Friday: Marinated olives, your favorite raw nuts and some cucumber pickles.
  • Saturday: Baby carrots with guacamole dip.
  • Sunday: Flat stomach smoothie: ½ cup of natural yogurt, 200 grams frozen berries, ½ banana, 1 tablespoon rolled oats, 4 cup of your favorite juice, a pinch of natural vanilla.

If you are very serious about getting a flat tummy fast you might want to look at your whole diet. I suggest that you follow these flat tummy diet guidelines:

1. Eat plenty of mono unsaturated fats
    • Olives and olive oil
    • Avocado and avocado oil
    • Oats
    • Raw nuts
    • Lin seeds and linseed oil
    • Sesame seeds and sesame seed oil
    • Herring
  2. Choose whole grain products. The dietary fibers will ensure a good digestion and remove bloating
  3. Eat as much fresh fruits and vegetables as you can. They will give you plenty of nutrients without a lot of calories
  4. Add some meat and fish to provide you with proteins to give you a full feeling.
  5. Avoid sugar, white flour, white rice and alcohol.

Learn More About.. , , , , , , ,

Comments

88 Responses to “Snacks for a Flat Belly”

1. Leslie on June 29th, 2008 2:33 pm

Avocados are a great source of good fats! I have an easy and delicious recipe for guacamole that takes about 2 minutes to make. Sooo good for you!

2. Tonie on June 29th, 2008 5:01 pm

Cool info, really useful and by the looks of it tasty. I’m buying some nuts tomorrow.

3. paresh on June 30th, 2008 12:50 pm

nice healthy post.

4. Yannis on June 30th, 2008 1:21 pm

Very good information. Very important to avoid # 5. You have a great selections of snacks.

5. sammy on June 30th, 2008 6:31 pm

I have to say this works…I have been eating like this for years and still flat bellied!

6. fatimah edris on June 30th, 2008 7:32 pm

Great information which can easily be applied

7. Terri on June 30th, 2008 7:54 pm

This is a great post – avocados and olives are some of my favorite foods, but I try not to eat them too often because of fat. You just changed my mind about that!

8. Personal Trainer on July 1st, 2008 2:03 am

Lovely post, but I’d argue that is sending people the totally wrong message.

People on the internet read things fast and by scanning over your article what they see is “Eat fat” and be skinny, which is totally wrong and the problem (along with sedentary lifestyles) why there are so many overweight people. Fat = 9 cal per gram and that’s the first thing that should be mentioned

Love Avocados though, everything in moderation

And you spelled Herring incorrectly.

9. Linda on July 1st, 2008 10:23 am

I found some cocoa-roasted almonds at Costco this week – they have just the slightest chocolaty coating, and are a very satisfying snack. Other than that, I eat lots of pistachios. Are they fattening?

10. Thewellnessdiary on July 2nd, 2008 4:55 am

It goes to show that “eating fat doesn’t make you fat”, certain kinds of fat that is. i read somewhere that modern degenerative deseases are almost non existent in the traditional diet of eskimos, despite the fact that they eat a lot of “healthy fats” from cold water fish, even seals.

11. Carolin on July 2nd, 2008 8:11 am

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog.

You recipe looks very good and easy to follow. I added it in the post.

12. Carolin on July 2nd, 2008 8:25 am

Hi Linda,

You really need to eat natural raw nuts.
    Cocoa-roasted almonds sounds very tasty. They are probably a lot better than many other snacks but only as a treat for every now and then.

I wouldn’t worry about the fat in the nuts you eat. We need fat but unfortunately our diets are filled with the wrong types of fat. Saturated fats from meat, dairy products and palm oil.

Pistachios are great, just make sure they are not salted.

13. davesworkout on July 3rd, 2008 2:32 am

Almonds are probably the best nut for you , but limit yourself to small amounts, 1 ounce a day is plenty. I have found beans to be a nice alternative to nuts, try different kinds, I like to mix several and they tend to satisfy my craving, i mean a pinto bean tastes kind of like a soft peanut.

14. Carolin on July 3rd, 2008 4:04 am

Another really great snack is sprouted beans and peas. Try for example sprouted chickpeas (garbanzo bean). Sooo, good and soo healthy!

15. Tom on July 7th, 2008 11:07 am

Love the post…. Great information….. Love Avocados…… I’ll be picking some up today. Another great and healthy snack is to dip fresh fruit in melted Healthy Chocolate. Not all chocolate is alike. You can get more info on my website.

16. Jim on July 9th, 2008 3:17 am

I have changed my butter with EEVO and a good brand and wow, what a difference I have seen in my life. Give it a try.

17. Matt on July 9th, 2008 7:51 am

What’s the details for the Spanish research team? ie; do you have a link to the details of their research?

18. Debbie on July 10th, 2008 10:47 am

Jim…what’s EEVO? Or did you intend to say EVOO, for extra virgin olive oil? I did a quick websearch for EEVO in case I’m missing some nutritional source, but came up with nothing pertinent to the discussion at hand, so decided to just ask you.

19. Nascar on July 10th, 2008 5:35 pm

the avocado sounds great.

20. Carolin on July 10th, 2008 6:38 pm

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately I don’t have a link to the actual research. A well known Swedish health magazine called IForm covered it last month.

/Carolin

21. Jay on July 23rd, 2008 12:51 am

i love healthy foods.

22. Greg on July 23rd, 2008 2:23 pm

Love the snacks. They taste great and give you that full feeling faster than chips or other junk. For some of us though it’s a little hard to stop at a few nuts or one smear of the Avocado.

Keeping the crunches in the routine will also help. ;)

23. Snacking Your Way to A Flat Tummy | Alternative Healing on July 23rd, 2008 2:37 pm

[...] Snacks for a flat belly Share and Enjoy: [...]

24. JUSTINA on July 26th, 2008 9:34 pm

I FEEL FAT EVERYWHERE. SOMETIMES I DONT HAVE MORE THAN 600 CALORIES A DAY AND I CANT LOSE WEIGHT OR MY BELLY FAT. IM A CHEERLEADER I EXERCISE AN D EVERYTHING. WHAT COULD HELP ME?

25. juju on July 27th, 2008 8:29 am

I would love to see the original source for this information, can’t seem to locate it. Thanks

26. Mandy on August 6th, 2008 9:43 pm

Just wondering what the benefits of raw nuts are over toasted/roasted ones?

27. British Beds on August 27th, 2008 8:46 am

Nice Tips! Thinking of introducing those into the regular diet in future

28. links for 2008-08-27 | Funny Web Pages on August 27th, 2008 9:00 pm

[...] Snacks for a Flat Belly | YourNaturalWellness.com (tags: snack diet keepfit) [...]

29. How to make Diet Popcorn | YourNaturalWellness.com on August 28th, 2008 3:28 am

[...] reading: How to Cook Amaranth Snacks for a Flat Belly Share and [...]

30. Rhoid on August 30th, 2008 7:15 pm

Under “RELATED READING: Get the Most out of Your Nuts.” I’m eager to get to this information. I was wondering, is this a weight related issue???

31. weight-loss on September 1st, 2008 6:54 am

Healthy information – excellent for losing fat on your tummy

32. Propecia on September 1st, 2008 6:55 am

nice info for losing tummy fat

33. mass on September 30th, 2008 10:21 am

Great info. Fats are so important for fat loss and general health….raw olive oil does wonders..so does Flax Seed Oil.

34. Natural Ways To Keep Stomach Flat | Flat Abdomen on October 7th, 2008 11:31 pm

[...] Sn­­acks for­ a flat belly | Y­ou­r­N­­atu­r­al&#1… [...]

35. Carolin on October 8th, 2008 3:15 am

Don’t forget to add fish oil to your list of healthy fats.

36. Fast Way To A Flat Belly | Sexy Tummy on October 22nd, 2008 1:46 pm

[...] Snacks for a flat belly | YourNaturalWellness.com [...]

37. Weak Abs: Women’s Ageing Pitfall | YourNaturalWellness.com on November 24th, 2008 6:04 am

[...] You can support the process by eating foods that remove that stomach fat. Snacks for a Flat Belly. [...]

38. Personal Trainer on February 19th, 2009 2:32 pm

Interesting list but I would like to see a title which is less misleading.

It says to me that eating these snacks burns fat and I’m sure the readers read it because of that and I guess that’s why the title is so ;)

Personal Trainers last blog post..Top 5 Most Physically Fit Presidents of All Time

39. Carolin on February 19th, 2009 5:28 pm

That it just what is so great with this food.

A Spanish research team has found that this types of food actually REMOVES belly fat. So Yes these are Snacks that will help you get a flat belly.

/Carolin

40. Burn More Fat with Omega-3 | YourNaturalWellness.com on February 22nd, 2009 11:57 pm

[...] Snacks for a Flat Belly. [...]

41. Maureen from How to lose belly fat without pills on March 19th, 2009 3:43 am

This is just what I need

42. Carolin on March 19th, 2009 9:33 am

I’m glad hear that Maureen.

43. Carla from Natural Weightloss on April 4th, 2009 7:46 am

Normally I do not spend time making comments but nice site you have here!

44. Carolin on April 4th, 2009 9:20 am

Thank you Carla!

45. tom from adjuvant chemotherapy on April 5th, 2009 4:17 pm

These mono unsaturated fats have also been associated with a lower risk of certain cancers. Can’t lose to take them in.

toms last blog post..Beyond chemotherapy

46. Monica from Flora butter on May 7th, 2009 5:56 am

Absolutely what everyone needs right now. I shiver when I hear the word “FAT”..I must be paranoid..Nice one Caro

47. Rachael Geller on May 13th, 2009 8:58 am

I wish I could get my stomach toned up sexy like that.

48. Health and Fitness on May 13th, 2009 11:05 am

Great information, snacks are fine between meals if they are healthy, keeps the metabolism nice and high.

49. Chris from weight loss workouts on May 30th, 2009 12:11 am

good eating tips. Many people always try to focus on sit-ups and crunches but you’ll never see the muscle if you have a layer of fat over the top.

50. Lose Belly Fat on June 1st, 2009 9:29 am

Awesome…the best way to lose belly fat so far.

Thank you.

51. Debbie Heart Patient on July 12th, 2009 9:15 pm

I’m going to try this. I have been looking for new snacks. Trying to lose weight after losing the cartilage in my left knee has been challenging. I just can’t walk as much as I used to. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Thanks
    .-= Debbie Heart Patient´s last blog ..Grim Reaper Visits the Heart Unit =-.

52. Fitness Tips on July 24th, 2009 4:29 pm

I guess this routines can be easily followed even without letting down the taste buds. Thanks for making loosing weight convenient.

53. Karen from Wooden Kitchen Toys on July 27th, 2009 4:32 pm

Its onw of the reasons they say the mederteraneans are so healthy. They eat lots of olive oil and yet still manage to stay trim. I think this is down to it being the right kind of oil.
    .-= Karen@Wooden Kitchen Toys´s last blog ..Old Fashioned Toy Shop =-.

54. Carolin on July 29th, 2009 10:56 am

No problem.
    I believe that if loosing weight is hard we will never succeed.

55. Antiques on August 13th, 2009 8:59 pm

I agree.

56. omron hj 112 on August 20th, 2009 3:13 am

Nutrition is more important than most people realize when trying to keep their body in shape. I’ve read somewhere that no matter what training or exercise you do, food that you take is 60% of success. Nice to hear that there is a nutrition program for making my belly flat. Crunches are one of the exercising things I find most reluctant to perform on a regular basis.
    .-= omron hj 112´s last blog ..Do Follow Blog, Comment Luv Keyword luv =-.

57. Martin Nuesta from Slimming Pills on September 22nd, 2009 12:50 am

Well its true that those mono unsaturated fat help in making flat belly, but you got to remember that those snack, most of them contain high calorie in it even though their fat is good. The key is not to eat those snack too much and keep on exercising to burn those calories.

58. Carolin on October 2nd, 2009 10:57 am

That is just what we need to learn. It is not ONLY about calories. Healthy fats can be very good for us.

59. Carolin on October 2nd, 2009 2:47 pm

Some people are so called non-responders. Exercise does not have an effect on their weight. So yes you food choices are very important.

60. Nathan Watchorn on October 3rd, 2009 11:48 am

Very honestly after reading your flat belly title i got very tempted to actually go through your article…. As i read i found out that its not really easy for a obese to go for SNACKING as you say.it will turn out as u suggested it will because whatever you have asked to eat that is fiber is sometimes difficult to figure out.

61. Rob from Vegan on November 9th, 2009 11:09 am

Thanks for the tips. There are certainly some here that I’ll be following… especially regarding nuts as I love these and being vegan they are also a good source of protein for me too.

62. Bollywood News on November 17th, 2009 12:53 am

Nice information for losing tummy fat. I think this article will help me to loose my fat. I would like to Thank You for great post.

63. Carolin on November 18th, 2009 11:34 pm

I’m glad you enjoyed it!

64. Foods to Increase Your Breast Size | YourNaturalWellness.com on January 5th, 2010 11:18 am

[...] You need fat to increase your breast size. Here is it important to choose wisely. The right fat will distribute evenly over your body, including your breasts. Unhealthy fats will get stuck on places like you belly where is will be extra hard to get rid off and it can be a health hazard. The fats you need are mono unsaturated fats. [...]

65. Brian from Gault on January 15th, 2010 12:30 pm

I think most miss the fact that most “diets” all have the disclaimer “when used with a sensible diet and exercise”. People eat way too much as far as portions these days and are also eating processed food and GMO foods. This can in no way be good for us. Then the other is exercise. 60 or 70 years agao, before computers and video games, you hardly ever seen someone overweight.

They did not mesure the weight of nuts, they just ate, but they were active and had quality foods.

People, including personal trainers and health professionals have had so much learning that they have forgotten common sense.
    .-= Brian@Gault´s last blog ..Why the Firelight Atomizer Design Is Superior To Other E Cigarette Atomizers =-.

66. 35mm slide scanner on January 25th, 2010 6:46 am

I followed this program and honnestly I have lost some weight, altough i got it back now…

67. Car Salvage on March 15th, 2010 9:56 am

I suggest taking flaxseed oil too, maybe half a tablespoon per day. Also, if you really want to lose fat you need to eat less and exercise more. Remember to eat the right foods, maybe eat 5 – 6 meals a day too as it will speed up your metabolism.

68. RTA Cabinets on March 31st, 2010 10:30 am

I never thought that these types of snacks were actually fat removers. Time to run out and buy a big bag of peanuts for my desk :) Great article, thanks for sharing!

69. Carolin on April 1st, 2010 12:03 am

I didn’t think so either I guess that is what makes it so cool.
    Carolin

70. Alyssa on April 8th, 2010 11:14 pm

That smoothie sounds delicious.. I’ll have to give it a go. Never thought of putting rolled oats in a smoothie!

71. Carolin on April 10th, 2010 7:06 pm

It is decilicous Alyssa! And rolled oats are such a healthy ingredient.

72. Steam Showers on May 13th, 2010 2:32 pm

I have been eating celery and other vegtables as a snack recently. I’ve been eating smaller meals 5 times a day as well without adding much exercise I have been loosing roughly 3lbs a week. Not to bad for me.
    .-= Steam Showers´s last blog ..Why Oasis Steam Showers Are the Best on the Market =-.

73. Tim from Personal Trainers in London on June 4th, 2010 2:54 pm

This is a very responsible post. I think that the advent of low fat diets was when the obesity epidemic took off. Our diet should be around 25% calories from fat. Fat carries vitamins A, D,E, K so if you eliminate them you lose those vital vitamins.

74. Tim from Personal Trainers UK on June 8th, 2010 10:41 am

There is no substitue for a good diet and lots of exercise when it comes to a flat belly. Many people try to cut corners but it just comes down to these things. Add core exercises like pliates and your abs will look great too.

75. nina on June 8th, 2010 2:47 pm

Great tips, I will try some of the meal ideas

76. Carolin on June 21st, 2010 8:00 pm

@Tim, unfortunately nice muscles won’t show if they are covered with a layer of fat.

77. Rochelle from pink car seat covers on July 9th, 2010 8:54 pm

It’s actually what I’m concerned about.I am also looking for a low sugar diet menu that also helps . I wish you would also post those info in your site. Thanks for those advice anyway.

78. Carolin on July 12th, 2010 9:20 pm

Rochelle, I’ll post more recipes. Those are my favorite foods so I have a ton. Thanks for the feedback.

79. workout routines on August 23rd, 2010 11:08 pm

A great list. Combine this with a structured exercise program and you will definetly get results.

80. Abs Pro on September 1st, 2010 9:48 am

It is true you cannot have a flat belly if you do not follow a healthy and balanced diet. Also do a workout including cardio and weights. Truth is you feel so much better and you have loads of energy during the day.

Great blog.
    .-= Abs Pro´s last blog ..Need To Maintain A Beautiful Body Build Your Own Home Gym Fitness Equipment =-.

81. jj from auto insurance milwaukee on September 13th, 2010 4:47 pm

True, proper diet, exercise and meditation can go a long way. Raw nuts are a great snack and dried fruit.

82. Angela from kantoormeubelen on October 25th, 2010 10:53 am

Hi Carolin,

thanks for the tip! I’ve learned though, when listening carefully to a few fitness instructors, that there’s no such things as burning fat on just 1 place. Is that true?

I’ve lost weight by combining my weight training programme with 30 minutes of cardio. It seems to do wonders for me!

83. Daryl from Philips Airfryer on November 4th, 2010 11:02 am

Thank you for this very informative post. Oils which have levels of monounsaturated fat actually help the reduction of cholesterol in your blood. There is a great mix of oils which you can buy from health stores called “Udo’s Blend” or “udo’s choice” in some places. I cant recommend it enough. It contains a mixture of all the good oils and goes great with salad dressings.

I also like to make vegetable juices and sometimes snack on foods like carrot sticks and freshly made hummus.

Keep up the great posts. I am glad I found your blog!
    .-= Daryl@Philips Airfryer´s last blog ..Philips Airfryer – Philips Airfryer – Get It Cheap Here =-.

84. Samantha from Aftermarket Parts on November 10th, 2010 1:24 am

This is just what I need! Thanks, thanks, thanks! I m really glad I read you article. Very helpful. I love nuts and avocado.

85. Ian from www.nutritionalsupplementshq.com on December 28th, 2010 3:46 am

I’d actually go against your whole grain recommendation, purely because I have read a number of studies which shows extensive use of chemical bleaching in those products, even when they are then dyed brown again.

Instead, I’d like to see more people consume legumes like lentils and pinto beans. They are high in carbs, are natural and nutritious, and from my own experience, were the quickest way to reduce belly flab and reveal my abs.

Replace rice with lentils or beans in any Mexican meal and you’ll have a pretty great meal for a flat belly!

86. Workout Supplements on February 6th, 2011 9:44 am

I recommend coconut oil. It’s a very healthy fat, it stores well for ages and you can even use it on your skin. Surprisingly it will get rid of spots. Who would have thought that putting fat on a spot would zap it?

87. Carolin on March 17th, 2011 6:33 am

I like that. Get rid of belly fat and spots with one healthy product!

88. Carolin on November 7th, 2011 8:14 am

Check out this awesome guacamole recipe.