Natural treatment for Oily Skin and Acne

All skin types need to be nourished. But some or oily skin treatments are stripping the skin from its natural oil and dehydrating it. The skin then reacts with producing more oil to protect itself creating a vicious circle of hash treatment and more oily skin.

The best well spread myth about acne is:
“Washing your face more often will help clear up acne.”
Truth is: Facial blemishes are not caused by dirt. Instead frequent washing may actually irritate pores and cause them to become clogged. But all skin needs to be cleaned and the best is to wash your skin with a gentle cleanser and nourish it with moisturizer twice a day.

Homemade recipe for oily skin

This is so easy.
Step 1: For your oily skin:

1. Separate an egg.
  2. Whip the egg white with a beater until it is a soft white foam.
  3. Apply to face and throat and let dry.
  4. Rinse with lukewarm water.

Step 2: To stop bacteria:

1. Use Honey as a mask. Warm it gently to make it easier to spread.
  2. Apply to face and throat and let set about 15 minutes.
  3. Rinse with very warm water.

After wards, apply a high quality natural moisturizer. Remember to check the ingredients in your !

Personally I find it too time consuming to make my own moisturizer if I really want one that does a fantastic job, long term.

How to use the treatment
Week 1 : use the mask daily
Week 2 :use the mask every 2nd day
Week 3 : use the mask every 3rd day
Week 4 : use the mask every 4th day
Continue to use the mask once a week.

You can find more great recipes for natural skin care here.

Learn More About.. , , ,

Comments

56 Responses to “Natural treatment for Oily Skin and Acne”

1. healthranker.com on June 15th, 2008 10:18 am

Natural treatment for oily skin and acne | YourNaturalWellness.com…

Did you know that some problem skin treatments are so harsh they actually make the skin more oily? All skins need to be cleansed and nourished. Here you can find out how you can treat your oily skin naturally….

2. Homemade Recipe for Oily Skin on June 16th, 2008 7:05 pm

[...] Came across a really good natural homemade recipe for oily skin today, that’s a must read at Your Natural Wellness. Did you know that some problem skin treatments are so harsh they actually make the skin more oily? [...]

3. Gee Cook on August 5th, 2008 8:46 am

Thank you Good to see naturals getting some space to compete.
    You’re deserving to paraphrase an advert
    See more on naturals http://www.skinaid.more4fitness.info/naturals
    Gee Cook
    Live fit always

4. Wayne on August 27th, 2008 12:29 pm

I’m always looking for good info like you see here. For more info here is a section on the web about oily skin care with a video as well.

5. Donna on November 7th, 2008 11:42 am

I have oily skin and I think honey and egg white really work for my skin.

6. paula on December 5th, 2008 9:06 am

i found some more homemade masks that seem good

7. Pam on December 5th, 2008 9:08 am

Try oatmeal mask

8. Louisa Evans on December 10th, 2008 12:33 pm

This is a really useful article- thank you! And the comments are interesting too. We’ve been talking about home remedies in our community- do come and have a look if you have some time!

One of our members asked about treatments for oily skin too- I shall be sending this article his way!

TalkPerfection is sponsored by Vitabiotics- it’s a new community we’re building right now. It would be great if you could take a look and let us know what you think.

Thanks!
    Louisa

9. Acne-Treat-Ment.Com on January 8th, 2009 7:20 pm

Thanks for the info.

I never heard it before that egg can be used to treat acne.

I usually compressing my acne using ice cube and betel. You can read it on my blog:
    Acne-Treat-Ment.Com

10. Acne on January 26th, 2009 3:34 pm

Who would have ever though eggs and honey could help us in our fight against acne. Sometimes, we have the solution right in front of us, or at least in our fridge. Thanks for the info.

11. pligg.com on February 27th, 2009 2:32 am

Natural treatment for Oily Skin and Acne | YourNaturalWellness.com…

Natural treatment for Oily Skin and Acne | YourNaturalWellness.comNatural treatment for Oily Skin and Acne | YourNaturalWellness.comNatural treatment for Oily Skin and Acne | YourNaturalWellness.com…

12. pligg.com on February 27th, 2009 3:16 am

Natural treatment for Oily Skin and Acne | YourNaturalWellness.com…

Natural treatment for Oily Skin and Acne | YourNaturalWellnessNatural treatment for Oily Skin and Acne | YourNaturalWellnessNatural treatment for Oily Skin and Acne | YourNaturalWellnessNatural treatment for Oily Skin and Acne | YourNaturalWellness…

13. Alexwebmaster on March 3rd, 2009 10:24 am

Hello webmaster
    I would like to share with you a link to your site
    write me here preonrelt@mail.ru

14. Madeline on March 25th, 2009 11:35 am

These are great homemade recipes for the skin. Much better than a lot of stuff you can buy in the store and less harmful too.

Madelines last blog post..Vinegar Home Remedies – Skin

15. Arianna on May 4th, 2009 1:59 pm

My skin is oily and I was referred to Dermalogica skin kits, they did work a treat but not on the cheap side. Will try this solution. thanks

————
    Arianna

‘There go the people. I must follow them for I am their leader’

16. Beauty Expert on May 5th, 2009 2:17 pm

Natural treatments does work wonders for your skin. Egg white and honey are indeed the most magical ingredients for oily skin types while fresh tomato puree and clay mud pack also help.

Beauty Experts last blog post..Bath and Beauty Products to Enhance and Rejuvenate Your Skin

17. Ferdy from face skin care on May 18th, 2009 11:22 am

Use natural products is safer for you as it contains minimum harmful ingredients

18. Carolin on May 20th, 2009 1:52 pm

Absolutely. And the products are often worse than you might think.

19. Mariah Carney on May 22nd, 2009 7:11 pm

It’s new konowledge for me.
    I always have problem with my skin.
    I’ll try it.
    Thanks for your sharing.

Mariah Charney
    ———————–
    “Follow your heart and your dreams will come true.”

20. Jason from get rid of acne on May 24th, 2009 10:18 pm

I agree. Over washing your face is one of the biggest mistakes you can make if you have acne. Also, it is a good idea not to scrub to hard. Thanks for posting this. I think it will help alot of people.

Jasons last blog post..10 Steps to Cure Back Acne

21. Cold Sore Treatment on May 29th, 2009 2:56 am

Hey! Thanks for sharing Honey as the anti bacterial. I’ve seen many of its uses in the gastro intestinal system, but this is truly different.

22. Carolin on May 30th, 2009 10:56 pm

Honey is great. It works on cold sores too ;-).

23. Graham from LCD enclosures on May 31st, 2009 3:00 am

I personally believe that the more natural the ingridients the better the prodcut, as the more none natural ingridients will certainly harm your natural beauty.

24. susunan kabinet indonesia 2009-2014 on May 31st, 2009 6:23 pm

My wife tried this recipe and it did well.
    It’s simple and cheap.

susunan kabinet indonesia 2009-2014s last blog post..Susunan Kabinet Indonesia 2009-2014

25. Carolin on June 2nd, 2009 2:18 pm

Thanks for sharing that
    /Carolin

26. Abhishek on June 6th, 2009 2:35 pm

Thanks for this valuable posts…Some of my friends remain always worried due to the problem of oily skin. I will definitely suggest them to go through this article…:)

Abhisheks last blog post..Leukemia Treatment Possible Using Green Tea Extract!

27. Ryeanne from Rid Pimples on June 7th, 2009 12:14 pm

Woah, that’s some new and modern stuff to battle acne, would you mind if I get some ideas on your post, to post on my blog. Just askin’

Ryeannes last blog post..More and More Beliefs on Your Usual Pimple Problem

28. Carolin on June 7th, 2009 6:46 pm

I don’t mind at all Ryeanne. Just refer back to my post.

Carolin

29. Ryeanne from Rid Pimples on June 8th, 2009 11:31 am

Mmm… really, I’ll do that … i’ll be sure to link to this post after i published the info here on my blog. ThaNks.

Ryeannes last blog post..How To Prevent Pimples and Acne

30. Juice Plus Vitamins on July 9th, 2009 8:28 pm

very good insight on fighting acne, thanks for the tips

31. Carolin on July 13th, 2009 11:31 pm

No problem
    Carolin

32. Treat Your Acne and Oily Skin Naturally | Get Rid of Pimples on July 24th, 2009 7:02 am

[...] The skin needs to be cleansed and nourished. Keep on reading to find out how you can treat your oily skin naturally. [...]

33. Flaxseeds: Natural Inexpensive Source of Omega-3 | Nutrition Supplements blog on July 24th, 2009 5:09 pm

[...] Many clinicians believe that because of its high levels of omega-3, flaxseed is helpful for treating acne. The soluble fiber is effective in helping control blood sugar levels and reducing blood [...]

34. How To Treat Acne and Oily Skin Naturally | Acne blog on July 28th, 2009 6:15 pm

35. Jean from Get Rid Of Acne on August 6th, 2009 11:39 am

Great tips Carolin. Natural treatments are very effective. Facial masks are definitely very beneficial for oily skin. Cooking oatmeal and mixing it with crushed basil and letting cool down after is also a good option for masks. Also, lemon juice can be used as an astringent and has also been proven to dry up and get rid of oily skin. As a result, it can be a good prevention and cure for acne.

36. Harry from How to Treat and Prevent Acne - The Foods That Prevent Acne on August 13th, 2009 11:09 am

Natural acne treatments can include herbs, parts of a plant and in some cases it can be a chemical. It refers to a substance that is either applied to the skin or is ingested. The effectiveness of some of these treatments sometimes depends on your willingness to follow the given instructions when using the product. Some natural treatments are also effective in acne prevention.

37. Corrinne from How to Cure Acne Fast - Tips and Advice to Achieve Clear and Beauty Skin on August 13th, 2009 11:10 am

Natural acne treatments may work better if they are combined with proper diet. Maintaining a diet that is rich is in vitamin A helps keep acne under control. Vitamin A is an antioxidant that plays a role in the biochemical actions that are used to form the epithelial cells of the skin. Vitamin A helps in the creation of new skin cells and also plays a part in helping the skin rejuvenate itself.

38. cavernous hemangioma on August 22nd, 2009 3:06 pm

Yeah, its need our concern to look our skin type before decided to take any treatment, treatments for acne are various beside of skin type.
    cavernous hemangioma
    .-= cavernous hemangioma´s last blog ..Cavernous Hemangioma of striated muscl =-.

39. Jim from dofollowbookmark on August 30th, 2009 10:24 pm

Excellent information! I ll try this out..Thanks

40. Lotus from acne solution on September 30th, 2009 9:38 am

To think of beauty as something innate, to find beauty in everything; in flowers, in the sun, the stars, the children… to find that beauty helps soothes the anger, envy, and lust within us… that vision will free us from stress which is a big factor in having acne in our face.

Real beauty comes from within. But if ever a person contacted acne, just keep yourself healthy, and avoid oily foods, have enough sleep, be alone sometime in a day to introspect… we know these things, we just don’t practice it.

There is always a solution to every problem just as there is a solution to acne. Try to have a beautiful heart, it is a good way to prevent acne, but if it just happens that you have acne, you could try an acne solution that goes root to the problem.

Always remember that a good heart reflects our appearance.
    .-= Lotus @ acne solution´s last blog ..About Us =-.

41. Andrew from Cosmetic Dentist San Francisco on October 9th, 2009 1:18 pm

My daughter has been using Proactiv for a while with mixed results. I am definitely going to have her try this out. Proactiv is expensive and has caused her to get a rash sometimes. I like your holistic approach.

42. Carolin on October 12th, 2009 10:21 pm

Andrew,
    Thanks for stopping by.
    I agree if Proactiv gives her a rash it sounds like a very good thing to try something that it more gentle to her skin. She need to nourish it.
    Carolin

43. women worlds on January 21st, 2010 5:54 am

I think Acne skin care should really start much before the acne actually appears as aware of preventive and it just about – following daily skin care routines with complete discipline.

44. girisim on February 5th, 2010 11:30 am

I have read all the articles. Very useful information was written. Thanks

45. Ruben on February 6th, 2010 1:12 pm

Thanks for the info, very interesting. If you’re looking for treatment and information about skincare,scar and rosehip oil,I’m working hard on different health blogs.

46. Bigmusclesbuilding.com on February 11th, 2010 11:26 pm

Oily skin can be a huge problem to most of the people. Especially because it attracts a lot of dust and makes it stick in your face. Acne to add to that and you surely got a disastrous recipe for kin. Thanks for the article on remedies. Cheers

47. Sharon from home acne treatment on March 29th, 2010 1:10 pm

You have covered almost all of the important points in natural acne treatment. Quite a comprehensive article. A healthy diet is always a good measure to tackle acne. Thanks
    .-= Sharon@home acne treatment´s last blog ..Acne Treatment – a Full Review | Best acne treatments and reviews =-.

48. Kid From Natural Acne Treatments on May 13th, 2010 5:02 pm

I’ve tried natural acne treatments, although they take longer tto take effect I would still recommend the natural acne treatment.
    .-= Kid From Natural Acne Treatments´s last blog ..New Effective Natural Acne Remedies That Can Stop Cystic Acne, Pimples And Zits =-.

49. Linda from cure for acne on May 29th, 2010 4:23 pm

I have really sensitive skin and try to avoid harsh acne products. I personally find homemade masks awesome, they are cheap and I know what I put onto my face. I will definitely try yours too. Thanks!
    .-= Linda@cure for acne´s last undefined ..If you register your site for free at =-.

50. Modern Rugs on June 26th, 2010 8:33 am

Thanks for providing this useful tip and treatment for acne on oily skin. It is really difficult to treat acne from oily skin.These are more probable to appear on oil skin then dryer one. And normally leave an awkward black spots on the face.
    .-= Modern Rugs´s last blog ..Southwest Area Rugs – Rugs in Timeless Tradition =-.

51. rodda from igloo-doghouse on July 9th, 2010 4:13 pm

Is this applying egg white to our face really effective? ‘ll try this at home before I go to sleep maybe it works.

52. Carolin on July 9th, 2010 4:52 pm

Egg white will narrow your pores, cleanse and help fight acne. Pretty good qualities for something so natural and inexpensive.

53. Andrea from Acne Spot Treatment on July 10th, 2010 4:53 pm

Very interesting home made recipe, thanks for the share. Definitely worth a try.
    .-= Andrea@Acne Spot Treatment´s last blog ..Contact =-.

54. Michelle on August 25th, 2010 5:55 pm

I suffered from acne three years ago and just one herbal remedy really solved the problem. I applied tea tree essential oil on my skin two times per day. In case you have problems with acne it may help you too.

55. Business on September 2nd, 2010 1:45 pm

For oily skin, it is important to stay hydrated inside and out. Skin will produce excess oil if the body and face is dehydrated. Harsh products will dry out the face and make the skin create more sebum. A dehydrated body will cause more sebum on the face because it is reacting to not having a sufficient amount of water in the body.

56. Ian from www.nutritionalsupplementshq.com on December 28th, 2010 3:39 am

I can attest to the egg white recipe as it did wonders for my oily skin when I was younger. It wasn’t as good as roaccutane was, but then again it didn’t mess up my eyesight or triglyceride levels like roaccutane did! I’ll always go the natural route from now on.