3 ways to Detox Your Hair

You probably never thought about it but your shampoo is very likely to contain silicone derivatives.

The Good thing is that silicone derivatives adds luster and sheen to your hair.
The Bad thing is that they cause tumor in lungs and thorax.

How they work
Silicone derivatives are use in 99% of the shampoos on the market today. They make the hair look shiny as they coat the hair in a plastic like rap. This might feel ok until you learn that the same plastic coat causes cancer when it is put on lab rats.

The problem
The answer is of course to start using a pure, natural shampoo without these toxins. But we then run in to a problem. If you change to a good shampoo your hair will detoxify.
It will become dry, knotty and literally feel like a birds nest. This happens when the coat is released from the hair unevenly. The natural process can take weeks but you can speed up the process.

How to Detox Your Hair

There are 3 easy ways to do this

1. Detox bath. Fill up the bath tub and add
    1 cup sea salt
    1 cup Apple cider vinegar
    2 cups of baking soda

Lie down in the tub and let your hair swish around.
  2. Wash your hair in a paste of shampoo and baking soda
  3. Wash your hair in a paste of shampoo and purifying clay mask

After wards
Then you’re done you will have naturally healthy hair. Now you are all set to start using natural hair care products which do not cause cancer, dandruff and allergic reactions. Don’t be fooled by the first impression of the shampoo bottle in your hand. You have to actually turn in around and read the ingredients. The most common toxic chemicals in shampoo are Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Tetrasodium and Propbylene Glycol.

Learn More About.. , ,

Comments

21 Responses to “3 ways to Detox Your Hair”

1. healthranker.com on June 8th, 2008 5:29 am

3 ways to detox your hair…

Did you ever try using a really good natural shampoo and found your hair dry and knotty? This is because your hair starts to detox from all the toxins in regular hair products. The natural detox process takes a few weeks but you can easily speed up the…

2. Dandruff Danny on April 14th, 2009 12:11 am

This is great advice, I’ve gone through a whole program of cutting out unnatural chemicals in my diet, and looking at the grooming products I use is the logical next step.

3. Philip from Hair Extensions on April 15th, 2009 12:23 pm

I wonder how much exposure to these derivatives its actually harmful? I have to imagine you would need to be constantly exposed to a certain amount to actually have harmful effects.

4. Carolin on April 18th, 2009 11:23 am

I don’t know Philip.
    That is the kind of information that is usually very well hidden for us. But I’ll try to find out for you.

5. Stan from hair product girl on October 8th, 2009 3:57 pm

I think its a great thing to detox the body!

6. Carolin on October 12th, 2009 10:22 pm

Me too and it gives you a great energy kick.

7. Melissa from Hair Thinning Shears on October 26th, 2009 12:04 pm

Great tip. Not only do you have to watch shampoo you should also watch your skincare products. ingredients such as lanolin and mineral oils will leave a coating on your skin like saran wrap. It will also block anything that is trying to escape the body such as toxins.

I also agree that you should detox your body. There are so may hidden things in the ingredients of both products and our food. I have heard that the additive propylene glycol is a derivative of antifreeze. Propylene glycol is commonly used in lotions, shampoo, soap and I have even found it in certain salad dressings.

It’s quite scary when you think about what is being put into our food and products. I believe that this could be the cause of a lot of autoimmune disorders.

8. Carolin on October 27th, 2009 9:53 pm

I agree that all those hidden ingredients might hurt us. I think that this is a much bigger problem than what we want to believe. I’m very careful with my kids.

9. James Hair on January 6th, 2010 10:48 am

I wonder if it is advisable to shampoo every day? I have friends say that it is not good to shampoo every day. I’m confused.
    .-= James Hair´s last blog ..Best Hair Loss Treatment & Hair Loss Remedies =-.

10. Carolin on January 6th, 2010 11:18 pm

I would not shampoo every day.

11. Marko from Apple Cider Vinegar on February 10th, 2010 11:53 am

Although your hair is dead it’s a storage site for all your macro minerals, trace minerals and toxic metals. As the hair grows out these minerals and toxins are deposited in the hair over a 3 to 4 month period. Through a hair mineral test and with the expertise of a laboratory that examines your hair properly, you can determine your oxidation rate. Once this vital piece of information is known, you can pin point your exact diet for you and only you.

12. salon software on April 30th, 2010 3:02 am

Almonds are the best dry fruits for hair and skin purposes.
    .-= salon software´s last blog ..Cutting Through The Clutter! =-.

13. Carolin on May 1st, 2010 8:51 am

They’re great. Do you use them as they are or soaked?

14. Reglazing Now Corp on July 14th, 2010 12:06 pm

i hate that kind of problem..oh my god!

15. Audra Vokes from Fast Hair Growth on August 10th, 2010 12:39 pm

Years ago my bathroom was chock-full with shampoos, lotions, conditioners, body milk – you name it, I had it. But I also had lots of troubles with my skin – rash, pimples, itching…

Then I asked myself, what do you really need? Since then I used curd soap and now and then a mild shampoo and after some weeks my skin problemes were gone – and I saved a lot of money since then.
    .-= Audra Vokes@Fast Hair Growth´s last blog ..HAIR GROWTH!!!!!! =-.

16. Medusa from Hair Extensions Chicago on September 5th, 2010 12:16 pm

This is some pretty solid advice. I’ve not tried this method, but I am willing to give it a shot. A huge problem with a lot of shampoos on the market are that they are loaded with alcohol, which dries out the hair and fries it.

Thanks for this info.
    .-= Medusa from Hair Extensions Chicago´s last blog ..Fusion Hair Extensions- Aurora- Naperville- Wheaton =-.

17. from hotmail.com' rel='external nofollow' class='url'>Eyelash Extensions Chicago on September 25th, 2010 8:33 pm

Actually this is very useful info. I do a lot of lash-extensions for woman, and I find that curiously enough, they ask questions about hair care. I had no idea that baking soda could be used in the bath for detoxing hair. I’m going to try this and pass it along.

18. EB Organic Salon on October 12th, 2010 11:27 pm

A whole program of cutting out unnatural chemicals in my diet, and looking at the grooming products. A huge problem with a lot of shampoos on the market are that they are loaded with alcohol. This is some pretty solid advice.

19. Best Hair Loss on November 23rd, 2010 8:58 pm

Detox your hair now. but it is best to consult your doctor.

20. Hair detox – do it for less, do it for life | Expert Beauty Tips on February 17th, 2011 8:36 am

[...] you are looking for affordable ways to detox your hair, look first in your kitchen. Cider vinegar and baking soda combined with your regular shampoo seems to the job. But this is just a short term solution and anyway all the parabens from shampoos [...]

21. Bees on my mind. | Speedkin on March 5th, 2012 2:57 pm

[...] so I could compare it!  How cool was that?!  I tried it last night, after a bit of hair detox (read about what to do with commercial hair goo buildup), and loved it!  I followed with the homemade hair conditioner.  I’ve got a bit of hair [...]