Easy Exercises To Improve Your Memory
Do you forget where you put your car keys?
Or maybe you’re like me; I forget people’s names.
Maybe you’re worried about getting dementia as you age.
Either way our mind needs to be challenged just like the rest of our bodies. Scientists have shown that exercising the brain can prevent dementia.
One thing I really like about neurobis that you do not need to set a lot of extra time aside. Nope, these exercises will not take a lot of time, just implement them in your daily routine.
Here are some exercises that fit right into your daily schedule:
- Listen to music and smell something unusual at the same time
- Choose a different route when you go to work our to the grocery store
- Do you grocery shopping at the farmers market instead of in your regular grocery store
- Take a shower and wash your hair with your eyes closed
- Take another seat at the breakfast table
- Get dressed with your eyes closed
- Feel the different textures of your clothes with your hands before you get dressed
- Brush your teeth with your other hand
- Use ear plug during dinner (something I highly recommend if you have more than 2 kids)
- Read to somebody
- Have sex
- Learn a foreign language or sign language
- Do sudoko or play chess
- Do diagonal exercises like yoga, juggle or walking with poles.
- Be socially active
Our brains need stimulation through our whole lives. If we don’t challenge our brains it stagnates, just like the rest of our bodies.
But it’s not only us 30+ers who need brain stimulation. Children have to learn a lot. Stimulation between the right and the left brain (like neurobics) can be helpful and improve their learning curve.
Learn More About.. memory, brain exercise, dementia