Here is an All Natural Method to Avoid Mosquito Bites

Last year the number of cases of West Nile Fever in United States increased with 42 %. What can we expect for 2007?
How do you protect yourself and your family against mosquito bites this summer?

Most insect repellents are full nasty stuff. Chemicals that cause skin rash and should be washed of as quickly as possible.

So what is a good All Natural mosquito repellent?

Lavender

Lavender makes me think of rolling, lilac fields in south of France. This beautiful plant can be used in teas and desserts. Its fresh scent is well known and it’s this scent that puts of insects.

How to use lavender as an all natural insect repellent

• Make your own with unscented massage oil and essential lavender oil. Essential lavender oil is very potent. Mix 2-3 drops of essential oil is 1 cup of unscented massage oil. Apply on skin a couple of times a day or before going outside.
  • Buy already mixed lavender oil. Apply on skin a couple of times a day or before going outside.
  • Plant lavender, for example in pots, around your deck.
  • Use an oil warmer and heat up essential lavender oil. An oil warmer is easy to bring when you for example go camping.

So there is no need to get a skin rash from nasty mosquito repellents.
Lavender is used to promote relaxation in aromatherapy. So now you can relax outdoors without both mosquito bites and skin rashes.

No tags for this post.

Comments

9 Responses to “Here is an All Natural Method to Avoid Mosquito Bites”

1. Harry from Natural Weightloss on April 4th, 2009 7:40 am

I like the way you analyze a subject.

2. Recipe Collector on May 13th, 2009 10:44 pm

I have used different kinds of insect repellants in the past but none of them were quite effective. They will only soothe your skin, but it won’t keep the mosquito away. One best way to get rid of mosquitoes without using any chemical is by using mosquito bed nets. That way you are very sure that no mosquitoes would ever bite you because you are covered by it. Proven effective by me.

3. Carolin on May 14th, 2009 10:10 am

Mosquito nets are great but not very practical if you are outside moving around. I use Buzz Free personal spray and it works really well. It won’t last all day but usually long enough for me.

4. Stan from Tony on October 24th, 2009 1:28 pm

I am a smoker and a regular wine drinker, after tips to keep my teeth white :)

5. Carolin on October 27th, 2009 9:55 pm

You’ve come to the right place there are several articles on this site about how to keep your teeth white.

6. Carla from Cellulean on November 30th, 2009 3:59 pm

wow this is great! I am going to try it in the spring. I think all my mosquitos went south for the winter ;)
    .-= Carla@Cellulean´s last blog ..Anti Cellulite Cream Benefits =-.

7. dave from home improvements on December 12th, 2009 1:44 pm

Thanks for the tip on Lavendar Oil, I live in Florida and we get eaten up here all year round, we have tried just about every repellant that is out there.
    .-= dave@home improvements´s last blog ..How To Fix a Leaking Faucet =-.

8. Carolin on December 15th, 2009 5:10 pm

Thanks for the reminder, we’re heading down there for the holidays.

9. szeny from how to high jump on January 16th, 2010 9:09 am

Using a natural mosquito repellent, alongside some good practical tips, can be the best way to avoid any type of mosquito bite. It is important to keep in mind that mosquitoes are not only bothersome, but some also contain the West Nile virus.
    .-= szeny@how to high jump´s last blog ..Vertical Leap? =-.