Easy Exercise to Cure Stiff Neck
I used to wake up every morning with a stiff neck.
For years I slept with a pillow from Tempur and yes that certainly helped but it still wouldn’t make the stiffness go away. I was even considering buying a new bed.
Then something happened. I read a book about zone therapy. In zone therapy they use zones on your hands and feet to massage or remove blockage in different parts of the body. It was a very interesting book and it had a small section with daily exercises.
I tried all the exercises and found one that works wonders for me. It is almost ridiculously easy and takes about 2 minutes.
I do it before I get out of bed in the morning. It’s actually a great way to wake up.
The best of it all is that the stiffness in my neck disappeared within days.
Here is the exercise I do lying in bed:
- Begin with your right foot. Put your right foot comfortably up in the air supporting it with your left knee.
- Bend your toes down and up a couple of times.
- Then try to sspread out your toes sideways away from each other.
- Do the 2 exercises a couple of times depending on how it feels.
- Finish with rotating your foot from the ankle clockwise and then in the other direction. (This part is actually for you back but it’s very comfortable)
- Repeat the exercises with your left foot.
In zone therapy the base of the toes, where they bend, represents your neck. The first time I tried this my toes cramped and I was not able to spread them at all. But it quickly improved and with the improvement my stiffness disappeared.
No more stiff neck for me!
image courtesy of Menage a Moi
Learn More About.. cure, zone therapy, stiff neck, natural remedy